Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Daffodil Party




Last spring, I started making daffodils out of egg cartons. I cut two different cups into petals, rolled cover weight paper into the center, painted and Modge Podged each part and hot glued them together complete with a bent pipe cleaner as the stamens. I then covered straws with green floral tape, cut out green construction paper in the form of leaves and decoupaged that, then hot glued the flowers to the stems and there!... a DAFFODIL!!!! I did all this to make my spring arrangements a bit more artsy... but then... decided, after seeing all the daffodils in the yard come up... I should have a Daffodil Party! Any excuse for a party is good with me! So in late winter, just before the Coronavirus erupted, I began once again to make daffodils from egg cartons. I have SO many now... hundreds! Outside, I have planted many spring flowering shrubs, bulbs and ground covers. Lucky for me, there will be more bulbs planted in the fall and my egg carton variety daffodils will be none the worse for wear by next spring! Hope "springs" eternal!

No comments: