Monday, September 8, 2014

Gardens of Mid September

I love to play up the yellow in the gardens around Acorn Cottage. 

I can't get enough of this planter... with its love lies bleeding, morning glory, begonia and scented geranium. 

Gypsy enjoys an early morning stroll among the deck planters. 

I love the way the phlox punctuates the colors of the rudbekia and the fuchia phlox

The marigolds which were started at Raymond Court are magnificent!

The view from the field down toward Acorn Cottage.

Sum and substance beside a sedum offer a beautiful color combination. 

The sea holly adds a welcome touch of blue to the sea of greens, yellows and white of the hostas.

The hostas are showing some signs of stress from the heat and from a few munchy slugs, but overall still look great.

Houtuynia grows more pink as the season goes by.

The rose garden is still offering up blossoms. The morning glory vine I planted to help cover the arbor until the climbing rose gets up there is really beautiful. It must benefit from the heavy feedings I give the roses as I have never seen leaves so large on a morning glory. 

Remember this same shot when it was spring... note, I still have the forsythia wreath on the screen house door!

The white phlox just glows even at twilight.

One of the yellow roses in the rose garden.
I just can't get enough of my gardens. I love EVERY stage of their development from dreaming about their expansion, to the plant selection, the hardscape design, and yes, even the digging. It is so rewarding, it fills my soul.  The gardens are ever changing and it is fun to see what each spring, summer, and fall month bring to blossom. 

No comments: